CMS is urging physicians to report on at least 10 electronic scripts (e-scripts) by June 30, 2012, to avoid the 2013 Medicare e-prescribing penalty that amounts to a 1.5 percent reduction from their Medicare Part B payments in 2013. Physicians can also file for a hardship exemption but must do so by June 30, 2012. The AMA has put together a tip sheet on the steps physicians can take to avoid the 2013 e-prescribing penalty.
Recent Blog Posts
- A Look At Cybersecurity Threats in the Healthcare Industry
- Strategies to Improve Patient Collections
- Telemedicine and its Role in Revolutionizing Healthcare
- Maintaining Cyber Security in a Small Medical Office
- Buying EHR Systems – Make Training a Purchasing Factor