New Interactive Resource on Stage 2 and the 2014 CQMS
CMS recently posted a new resource to help eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) prepare for Stage 2 of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
Available on the Educational Resources page of the EHR Incentive Programs website, the interactive Stage 2 Toolkit includes materials on Stage 2 and the 2014 clinical quality measure (CQM) requirements.
The toolkit is divided into three main sections:
- Resources for EPs
- Resources for eligible hospitals and CAHs
Providers who use the toolkit will find the following information:
- An overview of Stage 2
- Stage 2 FAQs
- How the Stage 2 provisions affect Stage 1 requirements
- Comparison tables of Stage 1 and Stage 2 criteria
- Details about payment adjustment and hardship exemptions
- 2014 CQMs, including descriptions, technical release notes, and the recommended core sets for EPs and eligible hospitals
Reminder: The earliest that the criteria for Stage 2 will be effective is the first day of fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013) for eligible hospitals and CAHs, or calendar year 2014 (January 1, 2014) for EPs. All providers must achieve meaningful use under the Stage 1 criteria before moving to Stage 2.
Want more information about the EHR Incentive Programs?
Make sure to visit the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.