On August 23, 2012, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published the final rule for Stage 2 of the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. The rule provides new criteria that eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) must meet in order to successfully participate in the EHR Incentive Programs.
CMS recently updated the EHR Incentive Programs website with a new Stage 2 section, which provides helpful information on the Stage 2 final rule and how it affects the EHR Incentive Programs. The Stage 2 page includes an overview of the final rule and links to Stage 2 resources:
- Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet – Provides an overview of the rule, including important dates, basic requirements, new audiences, and additional Stage 2 resources
- Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Tables – Compares basic requirements of Stage 1 versus Stage 2 for both EPs and eligible hospitals
- Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet – Outlines major changes to Stage 1 included in the rule
- Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions Tipsheets – Details the schedule and percentages of the payment adjustments, as well as information about hardship exemptions for both EPs and eligible hospitals
- 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet – An overview of the 2014 CQM requirements that will apply to all providers, regardless of their stage of meaningful use
CMS will continue to provide resources for providers on Stage 2 rule and the EHR Incentive Programs. Visit the Stage 2 page to view upcoming webinars and sessions discussing Stage 2 and the different changes occurring.
Want more information about the EHR Incentive Programs?
Make sure to visit the EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.