CMS Releases Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule
CMS Releases 2015 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule
On October 31, 2014, CMS issued the final rule that updates the payment policies and payment rates for services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) on or after January 1, 2015. The rule changes several of the quality reporting initiatives associated with PFS payments, including the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS).
Important 2015 PQRS Changes
The rule includes several changes for the 2015 PQRS program. Major highlights include:
- EPs and group practices that meet the criteria for 2015 PQRS reporting will avoid the negative payment adjustment in 2017
- A total of 255 measures in 2015, including:
- 63 outcome-based measures
- 19 cross-cutting measures
- Addition of two measures groups
- Removal of five measures groups
- Critical Access Hospitals Method II (CAH-II) may now report PQRS via claims
Note: There is no incentive for 2015 PQRS reporting.
The final rule was published in the Federal Register on November 13, 2015.
For more information about participating in PQRS in 2015, visit the CMS PQRS website.