2014 CQM Electronic Reporting Guides for Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals Are you an eligible professional or eligible hospital participating in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program? If so, CMS has posted new two materials to help you report clinical quality measures (CQMs) in 2014, including:
- An Introduction to EHR Incentive Programs for Eligible Professionals: 2014 Clinical Quality Measure Electronic Reporting Guide
- An Introduction to EHR Incentive Programs for Eligible Hospitals: 2014 Clinical Quality Measure Electronic Reporting Guide
The guides are interactive. Users can click on the chapters of the Table of Contents for CQM information relevant to their needs, including:
- CQM Overview Information
- Changes to CQMs in 2014
- List of 2014 CQMs
- Submitting CQM Data for the 2014 Reporting Year
Reporting CQMs for 2014
As explained in Chapter 2, beginning in 2014, the number of CQMs you report differs from previous years:
- Eligible professionals must select and report 9 CQMs from a list of 64 approved measures.
- Eligible hospitals must select and report 16 CQMs from a list of 29 approved measures.
In 2014 only, you need to submit CQM data for a three-month or 90-day reporting period, regardless if you are demonstrating Stage 1 or Stage 2 of meaningful use.
Chapter 4 of each guide provides information on how to submit measures in order to satisfy requirements both for meaningful use and other quality reporting programs, such as the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) program for eligible hospitals and the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) program for eligible professionals.
Want to learn more?
To learn more about CQMs, visit the Clinical Quality Measures webpage and the eCQM Library webpage.
Make sure to visit the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.